Tuesday, November 18, 2014

That Wiley Woozy


Oh, this one fought me like a sunuvabitch. Which is appropriate, I guess, considering the theme of the card... still, as a designer I'm a bit like a Bad Cop (are there any good ones?) who just wants my design to shut up and come along quietly. 

Here for the first time we see The Woozy... a fairly minor but curious character who made his debut in Baum's The Patchwork Girl of Oz. His main personality traits were that he shot sparks when he got mad, and in the vein of Groucho Marx, no matter what it was or who presented it, he was against it. Ojo the munchkin boy and Scraps the patchwork girl are here shown "persuading" him to... you guessed it, come along quietly. The Glass Cat, per usual, is watching the whole affair in supreme boredom.

-- Freder.
www.ducksoup.me