Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Box Design MK1



This is a little bit premature, since I don't even know yet how many cards are going to be in the final deck, among other things... on the other hand, there's nothing like having a box design (even if you change it later) to make something feel Real, to make it feel like it's Really Going to Happen. This is my first shot and it's far enough ahead of time so that I can afford to back-brain it while I finish the deck. What do you think?

Keep in mind that the text is not final, the number of cards or the booklet and how many pages that might have are not final -- NOTHING ABOUT this design is final. But I think it's a good starting point. Oh, and -- I left the fold lines turned on when I made the png for the site, so that you could see how it's all going to fold up... those fold lines -- the little thin green-gold lines around each panel -- will be going away in the final package.

Happy Yule, y'all!

-- Freder
www.ducksoup.me